Sunday, November 14, 2010

Layer Cake Quilt Along

Friday, I spent some time at my LQS having dinner and working on projects with friends. Thanksgiving was the theme of course, with wonderful dishes and great fun.  I finished my first Layer Cake quilt along block while I was there, just in time to get the next set of directions on Tuesday!  This week I plan to get it finished sooner. The Prayer Flag fabric gave the block a lot of contrast. I left the circle out of the middle because I prefer patchwork to applique, but I'll see how the rest of the quilt goes.  Mary from Quilt Hollow commented on my last post that she liked the accent fabric with the green print better than the cream, and I have to agree. I'm looking forward to seeing what Tuesday's pattern will bring!

Layer Cake Quilt Along

Soccer and golf season are mostly over for us, so instead of driving boys back and forth to practice and games, maybe I will have more time to get blocks done. I love them playing sports, but I have to say I do look forward the break from practices and games during the holidays!

5 comments:

Izzy said...

Your block is very pretty... I really like the accent fabric.

Anonymous said...

Stunning block!!!

Linda said...

Hi, I tried to reply to your email re monday night guild mtg over at my blog but it comes up a no reply. You need to fix that if you want emails.
Anyhow thanks for stopping by. Looking forward to seeing your scrap quilt.

Sinta Renee said...

I love the color combo for your block! I miss the days of soccer season, yelling from the benches!

Sherri said...

LOVE this block! I've got to get going on mine!

sherri