Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fabric Shopping!

This week I found some great fabrics to go with my Prayer Flag Layer Cake for the Layer Cake quilt along. I'm not sure which light I want to use for the accent fabric.  Any ideas?  I'd appreciate your comments.  One has a small light green print in it and the other is a cream fabric.  I love them both.  Help!  Sometimes I have a hard time deciding on a fabric.  Other times it jumps right out at me.

Prayer Flag fabrics
Which light accent fabric should I choose?


Look at that wild fabric!  That is the one that jumped out at me!



This fabric just had to go on the back of my State Fair Schnibbles!  When I saw it I knew it had to go home with me.  I didn't have the blocks or measurements with me at the time, so it was a little risky.  I am really picky about what fabric I choose for the backing.  I like it to relate to the quilt somehow.  The more the backing goes with the top in some way the better, but I like to mix fabric lines when I can and come up with a different look. This fabric just had so many of the colors from the top and I like that it is a little crazy paired with a more traditional blocks in the top.  What do you like to put on the back of your quilts?  Does it need to relate to the quilt or do you just use what you may have that fits?  Leave me a comment and let me know!  Why is the font changing size on me?  I haven't a clue!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the background with the little bit of print in it. :-) Great fabric choice for the back of your State Fair too!!!

Sherri said...

I also like the background with the print...it's not too busy and yet will add more depth and interest to your quilt! My quilt backs don't necessarily have to match the tops...but I do like to make sure the binding matches front and back. Cute fabric for the back here!

Izzy said...

Hi Michele! I also like the fabric with the print. And I LOVE your backing fabric!