Friday, December 28, 2012

A morsel


Here it is!  

The first pincushion I've ever made!





Now I see why everyone seems to like making them so much.

From picking out the scraps, to sewing on the trim and the buttons, and even filling it up with walnut shells, making this pincushion was such a fun project.

Great for some quilting instant gratification!




I used some Sew Mama Sew scraps from my Dimestore quilt with some random grey fabric from my stash.

I have no idea why I have that grey fabric.  It looks like I bought enough to have a plan for it, but what that plan was I just don't know. 

I do love how it works in this pincushion!

The red fabric on the back is a Moda grunge.  A scrap from a recently completed border. 

When I saw how the grey in the grunge went with the front of the pincushion, I had to use it!   






This all came about because Morsel is the pattern of the month for the Another Year Of Schnibbles parade coming up soon on Sherri's blog and Sinta's too.

A very special thank you to Sherri, Sinta, and of course Carrie too for such a fun year filled with wonderful projects and friendships! 



  

19 comments:

Carol said...

That is just as cute as it can be! Love it!

carol fun said...

LOVE this!!! Great fabrics and embellishments- you have a great eye! Ok I am going to download the pattern right now. I may not make the deadline for this month but I love how these look. Thanks for enabling me- LOL!

Terry said...

Now that's a beautiful pincushion! :0)

Izzy said...

You did a wonderful job with your Morsel Michele. Love the buttons and that red fabric... Gorgeous! I can't wait to see the parade. :-)

Carrie P. said...

very pretty. love the twill tape and buttons.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Cute! That row of buttons is adorable.

AnnieO said...

Making a pincushion is on my list. Yours came out just terrifically. I can tell you enjoyed it all :)

Darlene said...

Very cute Morsel! :-)

CeLynn said...

Love the Fab pincushion you made! The fabrics are all great too. A lovely first :)

Linda said...

Adorable!!!! Love how it turned out!! You did a great job, Michele!!! Wishing you and your family a blessed New Year!

Sarah said...

I have enjoyed following all of your schnibbles quilts this year. I love this pincushion. The fabrics and button embellishment are adorable.

Houseelf said...

Lovely project! Hopefully you will make more in 2013. I have one which has lived downstairs for a while as I've been finishing things by the tree. Most live upstairs in various parts of the craft room. You can never have too many places to put needles and pins.

Shelley said...

this is just so sweet Michelle!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I LIKE it!! Great job on your first pincushion!

Wendy said...

Oh Michelle I love it! The grunge fabric is perfect...I am thinking I have a piece of that in my stash somewhere and forgotten how nice it is.I really must dig it out and put it at the top of my reds(for a little inspiration)
Well done on your first pin cushion...I am guessing it is the just the first of many to come!

Gretchen said...

I think this is my favorite of the month. I just love your fabrics and all the buttons. Great job!

Mama Pea said...

That is pretty stinkin' awesome!

Sinta Renee said...

That is such a sweet pin cushion Michele! I remember it then and like it just as much now! I hope you are getting good use out of it.

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

How has this pincushion held up? Where did you find the walnut shells and would you use them again? I want to make a combination pincushion/thread catcher for my table but I'm not sure what to use in the pincushion. A few people have said sand??? Are the walnut shells light or kind of heavy?