Monday, May 2, 2016

Villages


Hey everyone!

It's the second day of May and it's time for the Minis and More Parade!






Some exciting stuff going on here in the Parade this month.

 The first exciting thing is that Sherri and I will be giving out a prize package after this Parade to one of our participants this quarter.

Fun quilting goodies will be on the way to someone very soon!


The next exciting thing is our pattern for next month's Parade.

I'm so excited about it that I'm changing it up a bit this month and telling you about the new pattern before we start the Parade.

 It's a brand new one that only came out a few days ago!


A Popsicle project just in time for the start of summer!

This is an adorable table runner that was available in a box that Joanna sent out last week.  The response to it was so great, that she decided to release the pattern in her shop earlier than expected. You can see beautiful pictures and read more about it in Joanna's blog post about the new Popsicle Table Runner. 




This picture is from the Fig Tree and Co. Shop.



Joanna hints that a larger version may be in the works, which I might just have to make too.

My head is spinning with all of the fabrics that could be used for different Popsicle flavors!




And now for the Open House!

  - Thanks to Helen L. who was so clever to think of using the phrase 'Open House' for this Parade -


 Village by Carrie Nelson was the featured pattern this month!

It's a pretty big quilt made up of lots and lots of house blocks. 

Parade participants chose whether or not they wanted to keep it big or make it small.

I always love to see the different quilts or projects that you all make using the same pattern!  




This one is Mindy's! She used all Fig Tree and Co. scraps and she had a good time making the houses! Mindy is looking forward to the quilting and she's thinking about doing a darker binding.  It looks great Mindy, and I just love those soft colors. It makes me think of me of beach houses.






And here is a recent picture of my progress.  I've made a few more houses and I plan to make a few each day out of totally random scraps. I'm mixing fabric lines and styles.  Wow,  some of my fabric goes way back!  I was kind of surprised at how much I like it so far, considering all of that.  It will take me awhile to dig through all of my scraps and get it finished, but I'm okay with that.




Be sure to catch the other half of the Parade later today on Sherri's blog, A Quilting Life.

 There will be more wonderful Village Quilts over there.

Hildy loved this pattern so much that she made two quilts!  That's impressive!

Now I'm off to make some Popsicles for my next project!


4 comments:

Hildy said...

Mindy's village look so great with all the Fig Tree fabrics!
And your houses are so much fun love that you use scraps for them:-)
Thanks for hosting the parade and the new pattern is great I fall instantly in love with it when Joanna posted it and now I hope that she release the PDF version soon. I don't know but perhaps I can include a chocolate flavor my favorite. Or perhaps some berry ice cream ... mmmh, I'm sure I'll have fun with this pattern, too.

Sinta Renee said...

I love these villages! Looks like they were fun to make! I especially like the two versions Hildy made!

Needled Mom said...

Those are so cute.. I got the pattern with every intention this month, but it got put into the to do box. LOVE the popscicle runner.

Patty said...

love the house quilts! I still intend to get started on mine - the pattern is too cute to pass up!