Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Endless Summer Minis





It certainly is an endless summer here in Florida!

We've had record high temperatures recently and September was actually a warmer month than June, July, or August this year.

So our Parade pattern, Endless Summer Mini by my friend Sherri McConnell is perfect for this time of the year.










I made my blocks with some Halloween Layer Cake squares that I had in my stash because I felt like I needed a little more fall in my life right now.

If you're fortunate enough to be experiencing some cooler temperatures where you are, please send them my way.

I'm ready for jeans and sweaters!








I love Karen's bright Endless Summer Mini.  The green contrast fabric and binding really highlight the floral stars!











Mary, from the blog Needled Mom, made her mini quilt in navy and cream fabrics.  She plans on giving it to a friend as a birthday gift.





This is the back of Mary's mini quilt.  The quilting is beautiful!







This Endless Summer Mini is the one I made with the blocks I showed you just a minute ago.  I used Deb Strain Halloween fabric from the Midnight Masquerade fabric line and Moda Grunge for the background.  You know how much I like Moda Grunge!







You can find Patty blogging at Elm Street Quilts.  She plans to make her Endless Summer Mini quilt block into a one block mini quilt and do some big stitch quilting on it.










Catch the rest of the Parade on Sherri McConnell's blog, A Quilting Life and join us next month by emailing a photo of your finished project to me, or to Sherri, and we'll be sure to get your photo in the Parade.

We'd love to have you! 





Well, we have some fun in store for you for the November Parade.


It's free choice fall project month!


Make the fall themed quilt project of your choice and enter it in next month's Parade.

Sherri and I came up with a few suggestions to give you some ideas to get you started.

Some of these are free tutorials and others are great patterns that you might be interested in.

Keep in mind that these are just suggestions.

You can make any fall project that you'd like!

Now's the time to get started on that pumpkin project you've had your eye on.



Here are a few ideas-






















Happy sewing and have a great October!



4 comments:

Margaret said...

Your Halloween blocks are adorable. Are you going to place them on a dark background? (Cause they look SO good on your countertop - I assume that’s your kitchen counter).

Hildy said...

Beautiful minis I can't pik a favorite they are all amazing! I'm happy to send some cooler temperatures your way we already need a warm jacket and true story I wear even gloves for bicycling (that's really shocking isn't it?). Thanks for hosting the parade and Ialready have an idea for the next one:-)

Needled Mom said...

I love that bright green in Karen's mini. I enjoyed seeing the full picture of the Halloween one too. Those fabrics were such a great choice for this month's mini. I will look forward to seeing Patty's done with the big stitch quilting. That will be wonderful.

Sherri said...

I love them all! Can't wait to see what everyone makes next month!