Sunday, September 16, 2018

Scrap-Basket Bounty



Have you heard? 

Kim Brackett has just come out with another great quilt book called Scrap-Basket Bounty!

I have every quilt book Kim has ever written, so I'm excited to have another to add to my collection.

When I was offered an opportunity to have an early look at Scrap-Basket Bounty, I couldn't say yes fast enough!

I remember when I ran across my first Scrap-Basket book. 

It was in a quilt shop in Cary, North Carolina. 

I picked up the book and flipped through it, this was Scrap-Basket Surprises, and I decided I had to get it. 

I bought the book, and I've been a huge fan ever since!











 I think Kim's Scrap-Basket books should be the foundation to any quilter's library and Scrap-Basket Bounty is no exception. 

I want to make every quilt in the book, and try all the variations!

I love that Kim encourages you to experiment with the quilts and the blocks in the book and put your own spin on them if you'd like to give it a try.

There are 16 single-block quilts in the book. 

Each quilt has two additional block arrangements or two color variations at the end of the pattern to get you thinking about other options for your quilt.














 I don't think I can pick just one favorite block or quilt in Scrap-Basket Bounty because there are so many that I love, but Falling Stars did stand out to me right away as the one I need to make first.

The variations for Falling Stars are just amazing!














Kim likes using scraps, and all of the quilts in this book are scrap friendly, and a great way to make your scrap pile, or in my case scrap piles, a little smaller.

 You might find yourself mixing fabrics by the same designer, or mixing different fabric collections, or maybe you'll be rummaging around in your scrap basket to find some special fabrics to make the quilts in Scrap-Basket Bounty.

I wouldn't be surprised if you want to make every quilt in the book!

You can read more about Kim's quilting and her new book on her blog, Magnolia Bay Quilts.




3 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It looks like a good book. I LOVE that Falling Stars. I can't wait to see how yours turns out.

Hildy said...

Looks like an amazing book! I have a few of Kim's books they are great:-)

Kim Brackett said...

Thank you so much for your very kind words. I'm so glad you like the book and can't wait to see your project. Falling Stars is one of my favorites, too, and I'd love to make this in bright colors or maybe a patriotic theme. I hope you have fun playing!