Monday, November 2, 2015

Starting out November with a Parade



Well, here we are in November!

I'm not really sure how that happened so fast.  It seems like the school year just started yesterday and now I'm pondering Christmas decorations.  I'm determined to get mine out a little early this year so I can get the decorating out of the way and enjoy the holiday season. 

That being said, the high is going to be 91 degrees here today so I will have to channel my inner holiday spirit as I take down the Halloween decorations and put out a few Thanksgiving decorations, all the while thinking about where the Christmas lights will go in a few short weeks

.

As for the Minis and More Parade, the pattern was the Strawberry Fields Mini Pattern Trio by Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree Quilts.

You could make one, or all three if you were so inclined!  The choice was yours!



First up we have Patty from her blog A Stitch In Time.  She made the Mini Star Crossed Quilt from JoAnna's pattern using fabrics Patty had in her stash. What a sweet fall quilt!  Check out Patty's blog soon for her new series on bag making tips. Having just finished making a bag, this is definitely a series of blog posts I'm going to look into! 






Next we have Karen with her version of a This 'N That pattern by Sherri Falls.  I think its her November pattern from a mini quilt series that she was working on. The leaves are perfect for fall!  I love that she used batiks here!  My very favorite fall quilt I've ever made is a fall leaf quilt with batiks.  The variation in batiks is so similar to the variation is real fall leaves, and you can definitely see that in Karen's beautiful mini.






And remember, this isn't the whole parade!  The rest can be viewed on Sherri's blog A Quilting Life.

Speaking of Sherri, have you had a chance to see her new line of fabric that she and her daughter Chelsi introduced at the recent Quilt Market in Houston?  It's called Valley and it gorgeous!






Now the answer to the big question, what's the next project for Minis and More? 

Sherri and I have decided to have a free choice month! 

The pattern choice is totally up to you!

This would be a great time to work on that gift you need to make or maybe on a pattern we have done in the past, but you didn't quite get around to.

Have you been meaning to make one of Thimbleblossom's cute minis?  Or that Schnibble's pattern you have had your eye on for years?  Maybe a pattern of Sherri's has caught your eye recently?  Well now is the time to make it.

I'm excited about the number of choices!

 I think I'm going to make another mini from the Sweetness Pattern Trio we did a few months back, but I do have a few Thimbleblossoms Minis around here that are waiting to be opened.  Looks like I have some decisions to make.

We can't wait to see what you come up with!

If you are new to the Parade and you'd like to participate, we'd love to have you!!  Just send me and email if you have questions and I'll explain what its all about!



3 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

I just love the Twirl block. What a fun pattern.

Needled Mom said...

I thought the leaves were so perfect for the fall. It will be fun to see next month's parade with all of the choices out there.

Hildy said...

Thanks for hosting this great parade love everyone's mini!