Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A little Sweetwater runner









I finished this up a few weeks ago, but things got crazy and I just didn't post about it.

Well here it is.

My Spring Pots table runner designed by Sweetwater.








I started it as my first Label Crew project and I planned on using scraps, along with a few pieces of Noteworthy that I already had on hand.

Once I looked at what I had, I realized that the scraps I intended on using just didn't look near as nice as the fabrics from the Noteworthy line did, so I ordered the rest of the Noteworthy fabrics I needed to make the runner. 

I'm glad I did.









The straw and blue twill tape was something I added after I quilted it.

Ever since I made this pincushion I've been collecting twill tape.  All kinds.

I bought this tape at Michael's one evening after dinner when we stopped in to buy poster board for a junior high school project.

I had no plans for this twill tape.

Weeks later when I finished quilting this, it just looked like it needed something else.......that straw and blue twill tape!

Perfect!








I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Especially since there was plenty of hand buttonhole stitching to do!

It had been awhile since I did much of that. 









 .......I had a hard time getting a nice picture of the whole thing.......









Maybe it's even reversible?  

I used some of that fun text fabric on the back and I think I could even consider it a reversible runner.

I like the backing that much!

I'm happy to have this out on the table now.




10 comments:

Izzy said...

It looks stunning Michele! I love the hand stitching. Just beautiful.

Needled Mom said...

That looks awesome! I love the flowers.

Joyful Quilter said...

Very cute! The twill makes a nice embellishment. Great texture in the quilting.

Lynn said...

I love it! With the applique, the twill, it's darling!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

It's so purty!! I love the addition of the twill tape. I thought you did a fancy sewing stitch right there at first. Which gave me an idea for mine (that I havne't started yet) but maybe I will this weekend.

Denise in PA said...

so cute! The twill tape is such a great touch!

Houseelf said...

Very pretty. I like the hand stitching especially.

Candace said...

How adorable, Michele! Did you add the blue stitching to the twill tape? Great quilting, too!
Cheers!

Mama Pea said...

I just love it. I love everything they do. And I'm like you, I want their fabrics to do it with. I love, love, love the addition of your twill tape.

Sinta Renee said...

This is so adorable!!! I want one!