Here's my Hubble in progress.
I'm using Soul Blossoms like Carrie did, but I'm changing it up with a grey background.
I had a Soul Blossoms layer cake that I cut up. I was thinking that I use so much white. I wanted to use something different than my usual background.
I may be regretting that when I go to do the quilting. You're going to be able to see every stitch on this solid fabric.
I threw this picture in there so you could get a look at my new carpet.
I'm just loving it!
Okay, more new carpet and more Hubble progress.
I've got the whole thing on the floor now.
Is anyone else putting it all together before sewing any of the star points into sections?
I'm not sure if this was a good idea, but I wanted to make sure that like fabrics wouldn't be near each other.
I'll let you know how that works out for me.......
It suddenly dawned on me that there are only a few weeks left until Halloween, so if I wanted to get this orange and black project finished up in time, I'd better get started on it.
So I set Hubble aside, or I should say I stepped over Hubble, and got to work.
More on that later.........
I have some caterpillar progress to show too!
I was able to get a picture of the guy above as he made his "J" and later when he formed this chrysalis.
We started out by seeing five caterpillars, two have wondered off somewhere else....... at least I hope so.........to become butterflies.
Now we have three soon-to-be butterflies!
Hopefully I can get a picture of them as they come out, but I know that happens fast, so we'll see if I can catch it!
Here's the milkweed plant they were eating in the back, and the iris they decided to form their chrysalises on in the front.
In years past we would leave the milkweed in pots and bring them in once we saw eggs or caterpillars. But wow those caterpillars are messy!
So, since we were planning a long vacation and cleaning up after the caterpillars is something I could pass on for a year or so, we planted the milkweed in the ground this spring.
Soon after, we cut it way back to remove any leaves that could have had pesticides on them. Fresh clean stems and leaves quickly grew back.
Pesticides do nothing for encouraging butterflies to lay eggs on your milkweed plants.
That's how we got to this point and I'll be sure to let you know how things go from here!