Friday, February 4, 2011

Quilting, Cooking and Winning!

I'm catching up on some of my Layer Cake Quilt Along blocks this week. This block is called Pointing The Way and it was designed by Toby Lischko. The block has a scrappy look to it. I thought it would lend itself to some of the leftover pieces I've accumulated so far during the Quilt Along.  A cutting mistake forced me to buy some more background fabric. One wrong cut with the rotary cutter and "Whoops!" my neutral Layer Cake square was no longer usable for this block! "Yikes!" The first cut was supposed to go across the square and the second and third cut were supposed to go down the square! Oh, well! After looking at different fabrics, I decided to go with this greyish toned white that I found at my LQS. I don't like it as much as the fabric it replaced, but maybe by the time I make the rest of the quilt it will grow on me. Not knowing what blocks are coming up is a part of the challenge and a part of the fun!



Layer Cake Quilt Along Block - Pointing the Way

This cool, rainy week called for baking cookies at my house and watching some DVD's! I made Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies, replacing dried cranberries for the raisins and adding 3/4 cup of white chocolate chips.  There is a newer version of the recipe than mine on the site, because my recipe calls for 2 sticks of butter and 1 cup of brown sugar.  Maybe they were trying to lighten it up a bit! If you decide to make them, choose the version you like!


Vanishing Oatmeal Cookies -Yum!

My Mon Ami LePetite project was in the parade on Sinta's blog at the beginning of the week and I was lucky enough to win an amazing prize! I am soooo excited!! I've never won a giveaway before! Special thanks to my blog friends who told me to go over and take a look!  Carrie selected two winners to receive fat quarter bundles of her new fabric line Fresh Palette!  How exciting is that?  I'm honored to have won!!

Fresh Palette by Carrie Nelson

Are you ready for the Super Bowl?  We are having friends over to watch the game and eat that Chicago Style Pizza I've been blogging about.  Considering the kids get up before 6 am to get ready for school, I don't know how late they will stay up.  Why is the Super Bowl on a Sunday anyway?? Wouldn't Saturday be a better day?  I guess they don't consult any moms when they plan the game time! Enjoy the game and your weekend!






  

8 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Congratulations on the amazing win for Le Petite! I've never won a prize like that! Enjoy sewing with your beautiful fabric.

Joyful Quilter said...

Congratulations on your win! How exciting.

AnnieO said...

Nice block! Congrats on such a great win--steel yourself for cutting into it. It is hard for me to break down one of those stacks!

Cindy said...

I agree, Michele, Superbowl Sunday would be better spent on a Superbowl Saturday. Could make more of a party of it to include the kids since there is no school on Sunday.

Great block, great win - BUT - I'll take a cookie PLEASE !! Ooh, wait - make it TWO cookies...LOL

Kelly@ Charming Chatter said...

Cute block - and the cookies look delish. Congrats on your win - enjoy that pretty fabric!

Linda said...

I totally agree, I've been saying for years it should be on Saturday too!!

block is very pretty. Love your fabric choice.

Contests on the win! Awesome prize! :-)

Linda said...

I meant congrats but my iPad tried to correct me! :-) LOL!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations with your great prize.