Saturday, May 17, 2014

May Madness




I can't believe how far we are into May already!  Time is flying by! 

Only a few more weeks left of school here, then summer truly begins!


In the past few weeks I've been doing some quilting on the frame, trying out some new things.










I've found that the wooden sticks that you get to stir your paint with, work well to keep the edges of my quilt straight when it's on the frame.








I've also discovered that using painter's tape to mark the area of the quilt that I can reach while quilting a section, works better for me than using a disappearing marker.

The tape can be reused on the next row and there are no marks to remove later.   










I'm putting the binding on this one now and soon I can call it a finish!


I'm also in the process of working on this month's Schnibble's project and making a graduation gift too. 

With any luck, I'll be able to put some time into all of these today before we put some spiced cheese stuffed burgers on the grill this evening.  It is a beautiful day with highs in the 70's!  Pretty low temperatures for this time of year here in Florida.

This is kind of random but I've been meaning to ask......Did anyone else notice the commercial for tax help last month that said something like, "You accomplished a lot last year,"  and had someone holding out a flying geese quilt top?  I thought that was pretty neat!  I think they were saying that making a quilt top was accomplishing a lot! I just thought that was interesting to see in a commercial!

In other random happenings, some of the comments that have been left on my blog are not making it to my email and I have no idea why.  From what I understand, I'm not the only one that this has happened to recently.  So if you've left a comment and I haven't responded, I do apologize.  I've also had lots of comments I've left on other blogs get kicked back to me.  Hopefully, this issue has been resolved.

In the next few days I plan to put an entry into the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side. I hope you do too! So I'll be back soon with my entry post.


Enjoy your weekend!     



4 comments:

Darlene said...

Love, love, love your quilt. The quilting is wonderful - great tips.

Tell me about your backing fabric - it's awesome! :-)

Candace said...

What a great idea to use the painter's stick, Michele! I need to try that on my frame. Your quilting is so pretty, too! We haven't seen that commercial here - fun! I have had comments bypass my email, too. Am told it is because of the Heartbleed Virus and Blogger is working on it as we speak - let's hope so!
Cheers!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

How do you use the paintstick? I'm not sure I understand that part. I'm new to longarming and am trying to learn all the tricks of the trade:) I use tape to mark the front rail so I don't accidentally bump into it. It took me a few quilts to figure that one out. Your flowers are beautiful!

Dee said...

Nice quilting and a great tip about the painter's sticks. It sounds like you're busy but getting a lot accomplished. I'm having the same issue with comments. Hopefully they fix it soon.