Thursday, May 22, 2014

Blogger's Quilt Festival




Hey everybody!  I'm here today to tell you about my entry in the Mini Quilt Category in the Blogger's Quilt Festival at Amy's Creative Side.

I've decided to go with a small quilt that I recently finished.  It's my Mini Swoon designed by Camille Roskelley from Thimble Blossoms.











I love quilts that use text as a background fabric, but I haven't made many myself.

I thought this pattern with these bold fabrics could look nice with a text background, so I thought I'd give it a try.











The text fabric I used was from Mama Said Sew by Sweetwater and the other fabrics I used were Atomic by Michael Miller.

Part way throughout the process, I started wondering what I was thinking using the text as a background. I wasn't sure that there was enough contrast, but now I'm really pleased with the results!

The straight line quilting that I did was inspired by Debbie from A Quilter's Table.









For a few more pictures and details about this quilt you can read more about it in my recent post, Mini Swoon









I had a good time playing with this one and I'm happy to be entering it in The Blogger's Quilt Festival!

Thanks for stopping by!




14 comments:

Cheryl said...

Great entry!

Candace said...

You have my vote! I just love the fabrics and how they play with each other!
Cheers!

Ellyn said...

great choice. I love this quilt. stunning!

Denise in PA said...

I really love the text print background! And, isn't Swoon such a wonderful pattern? What a great choice for BQF!

Tanyia said...

I have to say this is the first time I have seen a swoon where I thought it looked really modern and not like just another star like shape. This is truly fabulous!

CitricSugar said...

Mini Swoon??? Awesome!

Love your fabric choices.

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

This is a really good contender in that category. It's so bold and graphic--it will certainly catch a lot of people's eye!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Still love this. Great entry!

Irelle said...

The text background was an awesome choice for this quilt.

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Definitely my favorite mini Michele!

Nupur said...

This is such an awesome, funky look!

Houseelf said...

Good luck Michelle. Your quilt is stunning and unusual, so it should get a lot of votes and be an inspiration to many.

Wendy said...

great mini quilt. The text fabric is perfect as a background, the colours are great, really striking

Sparky said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS... it is patriotic, great choice of fabric too