Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Parade Of Homes



Hello!

We're having a Parade of homes this month.

What a great month to be focused on houses.  My husband and I went on a house tour in our area a few weeks ago called the Parade of Homes. We were trying to get some ideas for a bathroom makeover that we plan to take on in the fall and we also wanted to check out some other areas of our city.  We had a great time and we may have even gotten a few too many renovation ideas!  Lots of sawdust might be coming our way!

The homes we are talking about in the Minis and More Parade today are from a brand new mini quilt pattern by my co-host Sherri McConnell.

It's called Be My Neighbor Mini and it's so adorable!

You can find Sherri's new patterns and fabrics and the other half of the Parade on Sherri's blog, A Quilting Life, when you're done here.  Her awesome new blog format is amazing!  There's lots to see over there!




And now the Parade!




This outstanding entry was created by Mary from the blog Needled Mom!  This is just so creative!  I love that Mary used primarily gray and white fabrics then she just added a small pop of color.  The polka dot border is perfect for this mini quilt.  One of the things I love about the Minis and More Parade is seeing things that I would have never thought of for a particular pattern and also seeing how different the same pattern can look when we all add our own creativity to it.  That's why I love quilting!  Thank you Mary for sharing this with us!










The next Be My Neighbor project is mine.  I used a few of Sherri and Chelsi's fabric collections, mostly Desert Bloom and Valley fabrics.  My version of the pattern is on the busy side, which I love, because I used the lighter, low volume fabrics from the fabric collections as my backgrounds.  I have to say that I'm really pleased with how it turned out!  Did you notice that for the background fabrics by several of the roofs I used a fabric that looks like raindrops?  Okay, I went with that so much that I had to redo one section because I accidentally sewed the raindrops on upside-down.  I tried to leave it that way, but I just couldn't, so I had some resewing to do!  I'm happy with these fun, little houses!  My high school senior was impressed with how these houses went together, windows and all.    








The June first Parade will be fun!

My son will be graduating from high school that week and there are lots of activities going on for the seniors, so I'm not sure how timely my part of the Parade will be, but I'm sure you all understand.  I just realized that as I'm typing this paragraph.  That's coming up fast. Wow!  June already, what happened?

Okay, sorry about that. Anyway, for the June Parade we are having summer free choice!

That means we'd like for you to have some kind of summer theme going on.  You know, maybe a watermelon quilt, or popsicles, some kind of summery fabric or something like that. 

It's up to you!

I was kind of pondering Camille's Mini Fireworks pattern, but I'm not sure what I'll do.

So many possibilities!

We can't wait to see your summer free choice project, so don't hesitate to participate along with us and send in a picture of what you've created!
  

4 comments:

Hildy said...

Love Mary's grey and red mini and your mini is so cute too.
I'm already thinking what pattern I could use so many ideas already but I need to finishe some other things first.
Thaks for hosting the parade and a mini Firework would be amazing:-)

Sherri said...

I absolutely love them both! Thank you Michele and Mary!

Needled Mom said...

Thanks, Michele, for co-hosting this fun monthly project. I LOVE the fabrics that you used in yours.

I'll have to put my thinking cap on for this month. It should be fun.

Little Quiltsong said...

Love Mary's quilt with the red pops of colours. Always wanted to try a quilt like that. Love your cute mini with Sherri and Chelsi's lovely fabrics. This is such a favorite pattern - and seeing everyone's version of it has given me even more ideas.