Thursday, April 19, 2012

Frog Hugs And Quilting!



I've been quilting away for my friends Mary Pat and Karen.  They made this sweet frog quilt to cheer up a friend, and they asked me to do the quilting. 




The quilting design I chose was a swirling vine.  I didn't want to quilt over the frogs, and this design allowed me to go around them easily. It also went with the playful look of the quilt. 




Aren't those frogs ridiculously adorable?




I thought the bright green variegated thread would really add to the whimsy of this super fun quilt!






More swirl quilting!  I know there are plenty of pictures in this post, but there were tons of good ones so I just went with it!






I have no doubt this happy quilt will bring good wishes and cheer to the recipient!


13 comments:

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I love the swirly quilting.. it's perfect! :) That is a super fun quilt. They did a great job.

Needled Mom said...

It is adorable and the quilting is perfect.

regan said...

So cute! And the quilting is just right for it!

Linda said...

Very cute!!! Your swirl quilting looks perfect!!!! You really did a beautiful job!!!

Cheryl said...

That is so cute.....great job on the quilting!

Houseelf said...

What a fun smiley quilt. Your friend is going to love it! Well done for all of you getting together to make it.

Abby and Stephanie said...

Silly frogs. Certain to bring lots of happiness and giggles. Terrific friends to take time to make this for a friend in need.

Lois Evensen said...

What a happy quilt! My brother always liked frogs so everyone kept bringing him frog items of all kinds. Now he has a house and garden full of frogs. Frogs are fun!

Cheryl said...

Very happy quilt and the swirl quilting makes it even hoppier!

Carrie P. said...

I love that swirly quilting. perfect for the quilt.

Wendy said...

An adorable quilt and awesome quilting!

Sinta Renee said...

I love these frogs! They are the cutest frogs I have ever seen:)

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Wonderful quilting! Very cute quilt. Will bring smiles I'm sure.