Saturday, July 23, 2011

Pictures From Friday Night!!

The Le Petite project George, designed by Carrie Nelson, was my project for the Friday Night Sew In yesterday.  Did you work on anything?  I was glad to have an excuse to focus on a quilt for the evening, thanks to Heidi and Bobbi!  Here is a look at my productive evening in pictures.

Picking out color combinations for the blocks.

 Moving on to the HST's for the corners. 

Do these combinations look right like I want them to?

A few of the finished blocks!

I combined Moda Wee Woodland and Lollipop fabrics.  I like mixing charm packs for some quilts to get a scrappier and not quite totally matched look. A few of the fabric combinations in the blocks were a little more 'off' than I was comfortable with, but I made myself push through this "try to make it all match just right" moment......okay it was longer than a moment, but I'm working on it.........and I started sewing anyway and I love the result!  It was so tempting for me to try to make it all match perfectly, but sometimes the fabric combinations that are unexpected really make the quilt pop.  Don't you think?     

16 comments:

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

I think your George is looking great Michele.

Lois Evensen said...

So pretty! I am in awe of the work quilters do. I'm so often away from a sewing machine that I am mostly knitting and crocheting these days, but I sure enjoy seeing what you are doing. Just beautiful!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, that dread control demon! I love the combo of packs and you did a great job in 'going with it' to make those blocks pop so pretty.

Dandelion Quilts said...

What cheerful blocks, Michele!

Linda said...

Bravo, Michele! Your version of Geaorge is looking great! Love your fabric combos!

Anonymous said...

I 100% agree...the mix-match is just perfect!

Manda said...

I think your mis match looks great!

Carol said...

I love it! What great combinations...it's a wonderful mix!

Cheryl said...

George is a wonderful mix of fabrics...looking good!

Anonymous said...

You made so progress. Love the fabrics you used.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

LOVE IT! I think it looks great, Michele. I think I need to pick up "George" for myself. Looks pretty simple to make.

Houseelf said...

Great work- well done. I think it's good to challenge yourself.

Michelle said...

Very FUN blocks!!!

Needled Mom said...

I think it looks terrific. Those fabric lines are wonderful!

AnnieO said...

I like the combos very much, Michele! How fun to mix and play that way :)

Candace said...

Love the combo, and George is looking great.