Sunday, September 20, 2015

The Hazel Pouch Trio by Clover and Violet in the works



Between some muddy cross country meets this week........And I mean muddy.  I have seriously never seen or cleaned off so much mud from so many things in such a short period of time.......I have been pattern testing the soon to be released Hazel Pouch Trio for Clover and Violet.

It's a welcome relief from all of the mud and rain here, especially when you have been out in it!

I'm making the largest of the three bags in the pattern.

Jennie from Clover and Violet mentioned that this size makes a great take along sewing bag and that you can fit a small embroidery hoop in it.  I don't embroider, but for some reason putting an embroidery hoop in here sounded good to me so I went with it.

For the outside of the bag I chose the brand new line Prairie and the low volume print from the fabric line called Maker.

Prairie just arrived in my mailbox earlier in the week and I used it right away.  That's rare for me!  Usually I have to let it sit for awhile before I can bear to use it.
  








Now normally I would be opposed to a white bag.....if you are wondering why please refer to the first paragraph.....but once this combination entered my mind there was just no going back.

I've been trying not to overthink fabric choices lately.  

Thinking about fabrics too much has been holding me back.  Will a fabric be better off in this or that? Will I have enough left for whatever I'm not even planning on making yet?  Will I ever be able to get this fabric again if I NEED it?  

These are some of the things that go through my mind before starting a project, which I've been trying to ignore and just sew what I want to sew!

Fabric is meant to be used and to find a home in a great project, right?








Back to the bag.  It's amazing!

So far, quick and easy.  I enjoyed quilting all of the squares just beside the seam.  I'm going to have to try that on a quilt soon!  








Next, I need to cut the lining. 

I'm deciding between the white Maker fabric for the lining or a coral text font print that I have, and I need to make a decision and get on with it, because I'm ready to start using this bag from the Hazel Pouch Trio!

I'm off to make a decision and to start cutting. I'll be back and update my progress soon!



6 comments:

Hildy said...

Love your bag! And yes, I agree, a white bag is not so preactical but it looks great paired with the Pairie collection ... and who cares about practical if the result is that beautiful:-)

Patty said...

Great looking bag!

Sinta Renee said...

I like it! That fabric group is really cute!

Joyful Quilter said...

I wish we had mud, I'm getting tired of all the dust (and smoke). As always love your fabric choices...and yes, you are brave using a white but it is perfect for the bag. Can't wait to see it finished.

I changed my blog email address, I'm really hoping it solves the cursed undeliverable messages. Cross your fingers.

Needled Mom said...

That looks fabulous. I overanalyze too. I love all scrappy projects that I see so I don't know why I stress about them so much.

Any excess rain we will be glad to take off of your hands. ;-)

Izzy said...

This is going to be a fabulous looking bag! I smiled when I read your thoughts about choosing fabric for a project. I'm the exact same. I agonize over whether or not I want to cut into my yardage or my fat quarters - what if I need this piece for another project?! Isn't that silly? There's always going to be more fabric to purchase - it's not like they'll stop printing it anytime soon! :-)