Saturday, June 27, 2015

A Summer Star Mini of the Fourth Of July



Hey everybody! The beginning of July is quickly approaching.  How could that be?

That means the parade for Minis and More is coming up very soon.

I finished mine last week, quilting and all!







I used Feed Company fabric for the block and Boathouse fabric for the binding and back.

I just couldn't resist those Boathouse stripes when I saw them at my LQS.








I was able to get them to match up almost perfectly. All. The. Way. Around. The. Quilt.









Why do I insist on doing that with striped bindings?

Its a pain and it takes awhile.....don't ask how long.....but I just like it that way.

The quilting is straight line quilting that I did with my walking foot.

 It's ready for the Fourth!








The Minis and More Parade is just days away!

Send in your pictures to Sherri and I as soon as you can.

The ones I've seen look amazing!!!

Then, visit both Sherri at A Quilting Life and me right here at Island Life Quilts, to see the parade on July first.

Be sure to grab our new blog button for Minis and More if you'd like.

If you need more information read all about it HERE


This week I'll be finishing up a WIP from last year.  It's a Fourth of July quilt top that I made for the Fourth last year, that I'm hoping to have finished by the Fourth of July this year!  Wish me luck!

I just need to trim the edges and add the binding.  I think I'll make it!  Choosing the binding is what was holding me back.  I've got a few minutes before we watch a movie to stay out of this heat, so maybe I can at least get the quilt trimmed tonight.

Have a great weekend!



5 comments:

Béa said...

Wonderful choice of fabrics, as always XXX

Hildy said...

Love your mini and the border is to die for! Can't woat for the parade I'm already counting the days;-)
Good luck with your quilt ... the quilt I've made for my dad's last brithday is still unfinished and his next birthday will be next month ... I think I should finally finish it, right?

Izzy said...

Your mini is beautiful! I really love that binding. Can't wait for the parade. :-)

Susie H said...

Your binding is PERFECT!!!!

Unknown said...

awesome