Thursday, June 1, 2017

The June pineapple parade



Hello! We're welcoming June with a pineapple parade.

You can see half of the Minis and More Parade here on my blog, and the other half of the Parade is hosted by Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life.

This month's Parade is all about pineapples, big and small!

The featured patterns are pineapple tutorials by Jackie Padesky and a mini pineapple tutorial based on Jackie's pattern written by Sherri.

Everybody is crazy about pineapples right now and we are no exception!





This pair of pineapple placemats is perfect! Karen sent these to us and they are wonderful.  That bright green makes the beautiful yellow fabrics pop! I can see these being used outside on a nice sunny day with a fun summer snack. They are beautiful Karen!  








This adorable mini pineapple is from Patty at Elm Street Quilts.  Its so tiny and cute!  The black binding Patty used really works well with the small bits of black in the fabric of Patty's pineapple.  I'm sure she found the perfect spot for this pineapple mini in her home.









Mary from the blog Needled Mom sent in this lovely picture of her pineapple.  I love the bee fabric up in the corner!  What a great touch!  And Mary's quilting is wonderful too.  She plans to make a quilt full of pineapples someday and I've got one on my list of projects to start too.








I made a few non-traditional pineapples for the Parade.  I was planning on making mini pineapples, until I realized that the original pineapple pattern was a perfect use for those mini Charm packs with 2 1/2 inch squares that I've been saving.  The two pineapples below are both made from a combination of Sherri's fabric line Bright Sun and Vanessa Goertzen's fabric line Sugar Pie.  I think the two lines look great mixed together!   












That leads me to our next project which is anything that says summer!

Get out your summer patterns and get started!

Sherri and I are talking about popsicles, beach balls, flowers, fireworks, fruits, whatever makes you think of summer.

Red, white and blue will work too.


Also, congratulations to Mindy!  She was our latest Minis and More prize winner.


See you on Monday, July 3rd for the next Minis and More Parade featuring your new summer quilts.


Happy summer!



10 comments:

em's scrapbag said...

Love these cute little pineapples!

Hildy said...

I love everyone's pineapples it was really a fun project to make! I already have a great idea for next month's parade. Thank you for hosting and the quilting one your minis is perfect:-)

Needled Mom said...

This was such a fun project and I love seeing all of the different versions. That tiny one is precious and I adore the colors of your last one. Looking forward to seeing next month's summer ideas.

Lois Evensen said...

How very cool! Love the pineapples!

Brenda said...

I love seeing all the variations of everyone's pineapple. It was fun to make, too.

Patty said...

These are really fun - my favorite challenge so far!

Helen L said...

Love your peachy pineapple: so fun! Hugs, H

Izzy said...

All of the pineapples are beautiful, but I just love your "non-traditional" minis! The binding in that first one is just gorgeous!!

Sherri said...

I love them all!

Kim said...

Love all the pineapple quilts! So fun!