Monday, May 1, 2017

Mini Vintage



This month's Minis and More Parade features the Thimbleblossom's pattern Mini Vintage!


Every month you can see the Minis and More Parade here on my blog and on Sherri McConnell's blog, A Quilting Life.

We pick a pattern, usually a mini, and everyone is invited to sew along with us and send in a picture of their project at the end of the month to be entered in the Minis and More Parade.

This month's pattern, Mini Vintage by Camille Roskelley,  was a super fun mini to make!




Our first quilt is from Mindy.  She used mostly Olive's Flower Market fabrics with a touch of Fig Tree fabric, because she says that every quilt needs some yellow.  It's beautiful Mindy!  I do love that mint green sashing!







Patty D. from Elm Street Quilts made an entry for the Parade this month in the form of a table runner.  She made her blocks from scraps, which are perfect for this project, and sewed them into a table runner.  What a great idea!  It looks so nice Patty!







And here's mine.  I also used scraps.  It's a mix of Little Ruby scraps left over from a recent quilt and  some Summerfest scraps too.  I think the two fabric lines look really nice mixed together.  I did some crosshatch straight-line quilting on it and I used some Vintage Picnic fabric for the binding.  I would never have thought of using that fabric as binding fabric, I'm always thinking stripes, but when I put it down beside my mini quilt, I knew that fabric was the one!







Don't forget to visit Sherri's blog, A Quilting Life to view the other half of the Minis and More Parade.




The next Parade is going to be so fun!

It's all about Pineapples!

Everybody is crazy about pineapples right now, including me.

Sherri made this cute mini pineapple tutorial for us based off of Jackie Padesky's famous pineapple quilt that inspired many social media quilters to start making pineapples.

That pattern was inspired by pineapple blocks by Simply Love Quilts and a Dear Stella tutorial. 

What a fun block and a great quilt! 


 You can find Sherri's tutorial by clicking the link below.




Isn't it adorable?

Sherri gave us so many great options.

She says you can make Jackie's original block and finish it as a one block mini, that tutorial can be found here, or you can use Sherri's tutorial and make a pincushion with the smallest size, or even make a wall hanging with the middle size. 

It's up to you!


I've never made any pineapples, so I'm so excited to give this a try.

So gather up your yellows, or whatever colors you choose to use, and get started!


Have a great time and don't forget to send us your pineapple pictures!

  

5 comments:

Sherri said...

I love them all...what a fun idea for a table runner!

Patty said...

Love your mini with B&C fabric. And can't wait to make a pineapple!

Hildy said...

I love all the minis they are beautiful!
I've made one mini block last year for a gift bag for my brother and it turned out really cute. Now I can make one for myself;-)
Thanks for hosting the parade:-)

Susie H said...

As soon as I saw your mini I loved the binding!!! Great job to all participants!

Needled Mom said...

The minis are so cute this month. I am super excited about the pineapple mini this month. It is such a fun pattern.