Thursday, December 1, 2016

Scrappy Patchwork Pillows


We're welcoming December and that means it's time for another Minis and More Parade!

Between preparing for the holidays and enjoying time with family and friends many of you made a sweet pillow from the free Scrappy Patchwork Pillow Tutorial on Sherri's blog.



This cute red pillow was made by my friend Mary.  She can be found writing posts for her blog Needled Mom.  Mary used some great red fabric scraps and added her own twist to Sherri's tutorial by using leftover HST's to create the center of her pillow.  This pillow will have a home on Mary's couch near her new Christmas tree skirt. It's adorable Mary!   





Patty from the blog Elm Street Quilts made this sweet pillow.  She added some great Christmas themed embroidery.  I love the aquas, light greens, and reds that she used here to make it such a fun, festive pillow.  If it was mine I think I would just leave it out all year long! Patty was the recipient of the Minis and More prize last month.  Congratulations Patty!
   




My Scrappy Patchwork Pillow top is made with the Modern Background fabrics lines called Ink and Paper by Zen Chic for Moda.  I really wish I had more of these great fabric lines.  I was tempted not to use them at all, but if I don't, it really doesn't help me by just sitting there, right?  Once I decide if this will become a pillow or a mini it will have a place in my family room.





And as always, don't forget to see the other half of the Parade on Sherri's blog, A Quilting Life



With everyone so busy with all kinds of holiday festivities, Sherri and I thought December would be a nice month to rest, enjoy the season, and gather fabrics and projects to prepare for the new year ahead!

So in the month of December, we won't be making a project.
  

Our next Parade will be on February first and we'll let you know what project or pattern we will be featuring in that Parade on our blogs at the beginning of January.

 Are there any particular projects you'd like to see us feature in upcoming Minis and More Parades?

Leave a comment and let us know! We'd love to hear from you!
     
Be sure to check in at the start of the new year to see what we're working on next.

If you'd like to join us and participate in the Minis and More Parade with fun patterns and monthly prizes, we'd love to have you!

Simple make the next project, then email one of us with a picture of what you made and we'll put you in the Parade. 

Leave any questions you might have about participating in the comment section and we'll get you more information.

Have a wonderful holiday season and we'll see you again soon!     

6 comments:

Sandie @ crazy'boutquilts said...

Love the pillows! I so wanted to join y'all this year but time was not on my side, and you know, once you put something off it gets easier to do it next time. I hope to join in next year and am looking forward to January. I really like that your projects are based on a tutorial and no one needed to scramble to purchase a pattern. Have a happy December!

Hildy said...

Love Mary's, Patty's and your pillow covers they are all so great wish I would have thought of chnaging mine a bit.
I'ma bit sad that there'll be no parade this month but it's such a busy time and I still have so much on my sewing list don't know if I would have found the time to make something for the parade.
There're a few patterns I would love to make for the mini parade (in no order): Mini Cottage Blossoms and Mini Social Butterfly (Lellaboutique), Thimbleblooms and Fig Tree Minis (the new ones), Sherri's Mini Mahola ... these are just a few.
Thanks for hosting this parade and hope you have a great (and not too busy) month:-)

Patty said...

Great parade of pillows here and at Sheri's. Thanks again for my wonderful prize from October!

Needled Mom said...

Such great pillows this month!!! I love how gals altered that center for their own designs. Enjoy your Christmas season and I'll look forward to January and all things new.

There was a great mini from Fig Tree. I remember wanting to make it. I think it was a mini pear. I'll have to research it and get back to you.

Little Quiltsong said...

Love these pillows. Each one is special!

Sherri said...

I love them all!