Tuesday, August 2, 2016

The Minis and More Parade Holiday Edition


Here's what you've been waiting for, the Christmas in July Minis and More Parade!

Yes, it's August now and back to school is just a few weeks away for my kids, since we live here in Florida.

I can't believe it!  We've had a great summer, but wow has it been hot!  I'm always happy to have summer arrive, but I'm usually not sad to see it leave.

Looking forward to cooler weather, we have our Christmas in July Parade today!

Hopefully you baked some Christmas cookies and thought snowy thoughts as you sat inside in the air
conditioning and worked on some holiday related projects or gifts!




This Jingle project belongs to Patty of Elm Street Quilts.  She used some red Kate Spain scraps and her own Chunky Alphabet Pattern to create this cute mini.  Patty even drew the holly leaves freehand and added some extra batting underneath to make them pop!  Beautiful!





Mary from the blog Needled Mom sent in this cute Popsicle table runner inspired by our Minis and More Parade a few months ago using the Mini Popsicle table rummer pattern by Fig Tree and Co.  Mary used bright summery colors and she sent in a picture of the cute back of her table runner too!  






Mindy made an adorable Joy Mini for her Christmas in July Parade entry. Aren't the packages great?  I love the fabrics she used, especially the aqua and the light green border.  She's got a head start on the holidays!  Beautiful Mindy!





 And now, even though I didn't get it done in time for the Parade I'm going to show you what I've been working on for Christmas in July. Although it's not done, you're getting a quick peek anyway because I really wished I would have finished it and I'm so excited about it!  Using some leftover charm squares that I had from previous Christmas projects, I made a few wreaths using the Mini Cheerio pattern by Camille Roskelley and hopefully soon I'll get them and a few more into a mini quilt. 





The September Parade will feature the new Handmade Mini pattern by Camille Roskelley.

Sherri and I think this will be a super fun project!

It includes the possibility of some embroidery at the bottom which looks like fun.  I've never tried to embroider much of anything before, so I'm excited to try my hand a something new.  The Handmade Mini would be cute without the embroidery too if that's just not your thing.






I borrowed this picture of the pattern is from Camille's shop called Thimbleblossoms and you can find the Handmade Mini Pattern in her shop by clicking here.  Right now, she has both the PDF and paper versions of the pattern available.



Send in those pictures of your Handmade Mini to Sherri or to me before September first to be in the Parade and to be entered in the drawing for next month's prize!



Now don't forget about the rest of the Parade on Sherri's blog A Quilting Life.

I can't wait to go over there and see what everyone else has been doing during Christmas in July!



3 comments:

Hildy said...

Love Mindy's, Mary's and Patty's projects what great ideas! And your Mini Cheerio Wreaths are genius:-)
And yeah for the Handmade pattern! I've already bought and started it a while back when it wass released but I'm not happy with my background fabric so this is a chance to remake it:-) BTW for us Europeans it's best to buy the PDFs from the FQS because due to the VAT law Camille can't sell her PDFs to us. Perhaps you can add the FQS link too (http://www.fatquartershop.com/handmade-mini-downloadable-pdf-quilt-pattern-thimble-blossoms)

Sherri said...

I love all of the projects! And now I want to make a mini Cheerio as well!

Needled Mom said...

I think I missed the "holiday edition" when I read the instructions. ;-) Of course, we always have temps in the 80s around Christmas so it will work here. lol

Love the Jingle and Joy projects. The mini Cheerio is going to be wonderful. They look like little wreaths.