Sunday, November 22, 2015

It's tulip time!


Well, it's not tulip time outside I guess.

 In my sewing area, that's another matter!

In fact, we are putting the decorations on our Christmas tree today.

Yes, it is a little early and I'm not looking at it as skipping Thanksgiving at all.  It's just that my kids are home for the week of Thanksgiving and they enjoy decorating the tree and getting the Christmas decorations out.  If I wait until after Thanksgiving, they are back to school and getting ready for exams, so there's no time for trimming the tree.  So before Thanksgiving it is! 






Now about the tulips!

For my Minis and More project this month, I decided to make a Vintage Tulips Mini by Thimble Blossoms since this month is free choice and I didn't make the Tulip Mini when it was the chosen pattern of the month.

The fabrics I'm using are mostly Color Me Happy with a few others thrown in to make the color combos work.  I just needed to add a few pinks and a light green from my stash to get the look I wanted.

Now I'm off  to finish it up!


Have a great week and a Happy Thanksgiving for those of you in the United States!



5 comments:

Hildy said...

I love yout tulip it looks so bright and fun:-) I didn't start with my Schnibbles yet I'm still a bit undecide what pattern to choose but it's not because there's a lack of them;-)

Kristen King said...

I'm working on finishing up my tulips too!! It will be nice to use them when spring rolls around again! :)

Joyful Quilter said...

Oh...hmmm...are you sure you made that tulip? It has a white on white background. ;o) Very cute, can't wait to see the rest of it.

Needled Mom said...

I LOVE your tulip. That will be such a great finish.

Have fun with the decorating.

Izzy said...

Beautiful! Love the fabrics you are using.