Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Give me an F!




I'm sewing along with Temecula Quilt Company while they make a cute little letter quilt.

Tomorrow you can find the letter F on their blog.

Are you making them too? 








My letters are made of a collection of coordinating scraps from different quilts I've been saving for just the right project.

They're a little more traditional than I've been sewing with lately, but I like all kinds of fabric, and these traditional scraps worked great here.

The background fabric, showing states and cities, is also from my stash.  Just pretend it was ironed for the photo.

I was saving it in case a school project came up, but with the boys in high school and college, I figured if that hadn't happened by now it just wasn't going to, so I'm using it for my Little Letters Quilt!

It's going to be fun to make a few letters a week and end up with a cute quilt!




9 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

These are fun little letters - I like the background fabric, so perfect.

Cheryl said...

Yes, I am, but I want your background!

Needled Mom said...

Those are so cute.

Joyful Quilter said...

I thought about it but decided I have too many projects going (plus I haven't finished their last sew along). Can't wait to see yours finished.

Mary Pat Callihan said...

Hi Michele! I love your projects! This one looks great, but calling for a lot of patience :) Happy stitching!

Sinta Renee said...

Cuteness! I am watching but no time to play! I wish I could squeeze it in though.

kshackabq said...

I am making Temecula's letters. I'm determined to keep up. So far, so good. Using some old, stash brights! Will be fun to watch your progress too.

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

Cute! I used to live in temecula!

Rene' said...

I haven't seen this project. Love quilts with letters. Yours are great and really like the small size of the letters!