Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Jersey Girl is finished




I'm glad to be able to post a finish this week!

The summer is just flying by and I hope you're enjoying it.

I know we are!








This one has been done for a few weeks and it's now hanging in the hallway, not in the backyard.

  That's a good thing, because we've gotten so much rain.

Not that rain is a bad thing, you just don't want your quilt hanging outside when its raining.  Inside is definitely better.









Here are the stats on this one-

It's Jersey Girl designed by the amazing Carrie Nelson.

I made it for a Schnibbles parade back in January, I think, and I used fabrics from both the Reunion and the Road 15 fabric lines by Sweetwater.









You can read a few of my posts about piecing it, and about quilting it too, if you click herehere, and here









For the quilting, I did some flowerlike swirls with my Bernina 820 on my quilt frame.

I'm pleased with how it turned out, even though I haven't been practicing as much as I probably should be, to have nice quilting stitches.

I have good intensions, but as I'm sure you know, there just aren't enough hours in the day!









Oh, I love the backing on this one too!


I forgot to get a picture of it this time, but you can get a look at it in the picture below that I swiped from my own previous post about quilting it.

See it on the back roller?










It's from the fabric collection Just My Type by Patti Young.

Next time I take some pictures, I'll try to take some of the back for you.

  








Here is one last picture of it before I'm off to enjoy the pool weather while we can!


The aisles at Target are full of school supplies already and a few super-bright lime green folders even found their way into my cart yesterday.

I might not be doing much sewing, blogging or commenting recently, but I've been keeping up with your posts and I've been enjoying relaxing with my family this summer.

It won't be long before school will be back in session here, and then I plan to sew up a storm!




9 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

Cute quilt. The quilting looks great.

Send some of the rain this way.

And THANK YOU! for the blue tape tip, I used it on the last quilt I quilted on the frame and it made it so much easier, no weird straight lines in the middle of the quilt.

Sherri said...

I SOOO love this quilt! I might need to make one combining these lines, too!

Carol said...

Love it! You're making me want to make this quilt. I have the pattern so maybe I will someday.

Houseelf said...

Lovely quilt Michelle. The backing really suits it. Amazing quilting. I'm having the opposite- a Blitz The List week where I am trying to make as much as I can. The school term is fast approaching and I haven't even started making things for Christmas yet! This year will be youngest child's final A level year. A bit of a landmark as a family.

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Great finish. Your quilting looks awesome. I'm slow with the Summer finishes but I'm getting there.

Jackie's Stitches said...

I just love this quilt. I think it's one of my favorites!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

This might seriously be the prettiest quilt I've seen before! I love how the blocks stand out from the low volume background but so subtlely. The quilting is just gorgeous too! I am going to have to get this pattern!

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

PS I want to see photos of the back! I wish I had time to order this print for the MQG Michael Miller challenge but there isn't enough time. I'm going to get some though. I love it!!!

Sinta Renee said...

I love your Jersey Girl! It looks great hanging out on the line!