Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Boo!




I've got a few minutes before we start making some Magic Cookie Bars for a junior high school band lunch tomorrow, so I'll quickly show you these pictures of my most recent finish.










My friend Jen made one of these cute mini quilts a few weeks ago and I thought they were adorable!

A sweet little pumpkin, Boo Crew fabric, what's not to love?

  








I had a great time putting it together using the kit from Sew Lux Fabrics along with their free tutorial.

A zig zag stitch or a blanket stitch were their suggestions to attach the stem, but I chose to use raw edge applique.

A smaller regular straight stitch close to the edge of the stem was all it needed.

I don't think I've ever tried that applique method before, so that little stem was the perfect place to start! 









The text fabrics from this line are my favorite!

Especially the multi-colored one on the back.

Jen's ideas for the quilting really worked well on the quilt, so that's how I did mine too.

Some straight line quilting with a little pumpkin detail finished up this mini quilt nicely.

Now it's done and ready to enjoy for Halloween!






11 comments:

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

Cute!!!!! Love it!

Terry said...

That's so cute! I keep saying I want to make a pumpkin quilt! Maybe I'd better do that before I use up all of my orange fabric! :0)

Joyful Quilter said...

Very cute!

Julierose said...

Absolutely adorable piece...Julierose

Izzy said...

So cute! I love that text print on the back.

Needled Mom said...

I love all of the texty fabrics. Great job.

Unknown said...

Very cute! I just printed the tutorial so I can make one. Thanks!

Candace said...

Adorable! Just perfect for Halloween, Michele! ....and you have me wanting to make Magic Cookie Bars now, too ;>)
Cheers!

Lynn said...

So adorable!! I love that line. I may need to see if my lqs still has some!

Houseelf said...

A perfect project for Halloween. Well done and happy cooking.

✾Jamie Lee Cooley✾ said...

What a cute finish! I love the boo crew fabric and I don't think I really appreciated the text prints until you mentioned them. Does sweetwater ever design fabric that isn't totally awesome?