Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Construction Phase Is Now Complete




 The sawdust has finally settled around here and construction is now complete on my Full House quilt!  This one was so much fun to put together.  I used the brand new Reunion fabric line by Sweetwater and it ended up being quite a whimsical neighborhood. The fabrics in this collection were so much fun to put into this versatile and addicting pattern created by Carrie Nelson. I just didn't want to stop making houses!  And I never really considered myself a house quilt person.....until now!  My favorite prints from the Reunion line are the different years and the bright red Xs.  How can you not love such cheerful fabrics?


I couldn't stop making houses or watching sitcoms!

I mentioned in a previous post that I took Carrie's suggestion and used the Fit to be Geese ruler to construct the roofs.  Quilters have been posting recently about their favorite quilting tools, and I have to say that this ruler is one of my favorite quilting gadgets!  Making a flock of geese was something I would avoid like soccer boy laundry until I was introduced to this amazing ruler last year.  Have you tried it yet?  Making the unit a little larger than necessary and trimming it up with this easy to use ruler yields perfect flying geese.   



There are plenty more neighborhoods to see, so be sure to head over and visit Sherri and Sinta in the next few days to see the entire community in the first Schnibbles parade of the year! Thank you so much ladies for planning another year of fabulous quilt parades and fun! 

21 comments:

Gretchen said...

Love your Full House quilt. great fabric choice!!! Have you seen the extra patterns on Carrie's blog. I just may have to make a pillow or two at some point.

Cheryl said...

Great fabric choice! I love fabrics with letters and writing on them. I agree with you about Monique Dillard's ruler...I like to make everything big and then custom cut them to size.

Izzy said...

Your Full House is fabulous Michele ! I really like the fabrics you chose... So cute! I can't wait to see what's in store for us in February.

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a cute little town!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

A wonderful little community - love the fabric line.

Needled Mom said...

It is beautiful. I haven't heard of that ruler before.

carol fun said...

Cute cute cute! Love the houses in these fabrics. I can't wait to see the parade of quilts and find out which pattern is next!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

That fabric is so fun for your little village Michele! I'm going to join you Schnibblers again when I get home in March.

Christine said...

Gorgeous. Love this little quilt in the Reunion fabrics.

Theresa said...

Looks great in these fabrics - I am also a fan of Fit to Be Geese, can't make a decent goose without it!

Abby and Stephanie said...

This is truly one of my favorite neighborhoods. I love your fabric choice.

Carol said...

OMG I LOVE your neighborhood! I'd really like a whole big quilt like that. Just wonderful!

May Kristin said...

Love your fabric choice! Your quilt is great!

Nicole said...

Somehow I missed the boat on getting any of that Reunion fabric. I need to see if I can find some, as it is adorable. Your Full House quilt is just wonderful too!

PunkiePie (Jen) said...

I love it, Michele! I can't wait to make my own Reunion neighborhood. Do I need to get that ruler?? Now I need to look into it.

Litamora's Quilt & Design said...

Your neighborhood looks so great :o) Now we have to quilt our quilts ;o)
Happy sewing,
Laila

Simone de Klerk said...

Yum yum!!! I think this is my favorite Schnibbles until now and yours turned out so pretty!

Béa said...

Beautiful finish Michelle & your fabric's choice is fantastic !

AnnieO said...

Whimsical is right--the prints are definitely smile inducing! Glad you're enjoying this construction project so much :)

Kay said...

What cute houses! It seems that whatever the fabrics, these houses just look so great. I can't stop making them either. Already have another almost finished in Circa 1934 by Cosmo Cricket!

Kigwit said...

thanks for visiting my blog. I like your full house too-especially the fabric with the pennants. I am thinking about getting the Fit to be geese ruler. I'm not too thrilled about my geese but most of them still have points!

Love that bit about avoiding soccer boy laundry!